Web + Production Designer/Front-end Developer
You will be the end-to-end designer for websites visited by thousands every day. Put your design skills to the test and give cutting edge web applications a user experience people can’t live without.
You will be working with our team of seasoned Concept Web Designers to implement lickable designs across our existing and furiously expanding portfolio of web properties and an upward vector of becoming a Concept Designer or Art Director over time. Opportunity to practice the latest and greatest web standards, while learning cutting edge marketing and design trends. You’ll also be working with the support of a veteran analytics team to accurately measure the success of your work.
- You know the difference between user interface and user experience.
- You have empathy for the people using a website and anything you touch will become human-friendly.
- You get high on good design, and appreciate web standards as guidelines.
- You will turn abstract ideas such as “beauty” and “elegance” into visual objects on a computer screen.
- Work with genius programmers to make brilliant ideas a beautiful reality.
- Create everything from logos to headers to entire site layouts to buttons.
- Meticulous attention to detail in converting high-level concept artwork to HTML essential.
- NOT required to do concept work, but you’ll learn every nitty gritty detail to eventually do so.
- Savant-level CSS.
- Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator blind-folded with one hand tied to your back.
- Bauhaus-grade typography, chalk and markers.
- You suspect your sea of TALENTS are currently undervalued or not given room to shine.
- Photoshop, Fireworks or a keen eye for designer doodles.
- HTML and CSS every day all year.
- HTML5, LESS and SASS is a MEGA PLUS.
- Front end scripting with JQuery, Prototype also a PLUS.
- Not afraid of PHP also a big big PLUS.
As a senior web and graphics designer at Mindvalley, WuHan works with the various teams to create beautifully, stunning and cutting-edge websites. He loves having the freedom to put his creative ideas and capabilities to use everyday and as a father of 4, the flex-time environment is ideal for him :)
Your application must include:
- A résumé and a video cover letter. Record yourself speaking in a 3-minute video and upload it to YouTube. Highlight your passions, motivations for applying, and your love for the internet. Tell us how your skills and expertise would contribute to this stellar team. Be specific.
- Send us links to software, web designs, or writing you have created so we can see proof of your talents.
Send the goods to firstname.lastname@example.org.