Data Security and Data Privacy Regulation
Our company’s commitment to data security:
Services and websites we sponsor have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information. If we do discover a security breach affecting your data, every effort will be made to provide a notification within 72 hours of our team learning of the occurrence.
General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR takes effect on May 25, 2018, and is intended to protect the data of European Union (EU) citizens.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), or are accessing this Site from within the EEA, you have certain rights with respect to your data. We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can contact us by sending an email to GDPR@Mindvalley.com.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Company. Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
- In any case, the Company will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Your Rights under the GDPR
- Request access to your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist you. This also enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data. This right exists where we are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for our processing and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to our processing of your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. You have the right to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data. We will provide to you, or to a third-party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent on using your Personal Data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain specific functionalities of the Service.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting us. Please note that we may ask you to verify Your identity before responding to such requests. If you make a request, we will try our best to respond to you as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, if You are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Union are available here.
Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area or in Switzerland, then your personal data collected by Company is controlled by Mindvalley’s Data Protection Officer is located at the same address and can also be reached by email at GDPR@mindvalley.com
If you reside outside of the European Economic Area and Switzerland, then the personal data collected by Company is controlled by the Mindvalley, 14525 SW Millikan Way #31545 Beaverton, OR 97005-2343, which you can also contact by email at email@example.com
Your Rights under the CCPA
- The right to notice. You must be properly notified which categories of Personal Data are being collected and the purposes for which the Personal Data is being used.
- The right to access / the right to request. The CCPA permits you to request and obtain from the Company information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Data that has been collected in the past 12 months by the Company or its subsidiaries to a third-party for the third party's direct marketing purposes.
- The right to say no to the sale of Personal Data. You also have the right to ask the Company not to sell your Personal Data to third parties. You can submit such a request by visiting our "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" section or web page.
- The right to know about your Personal Data. You have the right to request and obtain from the Company information regarding the disclosure of the following:
- The categories of Personal Data collected
- The sources from which the Personal Data was collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Data
- Categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Data The specific pieces of Personal Data we collected about you
- The right to delete Personal Data. You also have the right to request the deletion of Your Personal Data that have been collected in the past 12 months.
- The right not to be discriminated against. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your Consumer's rights, including by:
- Denying goods or services to you
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your CCPA Data Protection Rights
In order to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, and if you are a California resident, you can email our CCPA contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us or visit our "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" section or web page.
The Company will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonably necessary and with prior notice.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We do not sell personal information. However, the Service Providers we partner with (for example, our advertising partners) may use technology on the Service that "sells" personal information as defined by the CCPA law.
If you wish to opt out of the use of your personal information for interest-based advertising purposes and these potential sales as defined under CCPA law, you may do so by following the instructions below.
Please note that any opt out is specific to the browser you use. You may need to opt out on every browser that you use.
You can opt out of receiving ads that are personalized as served by our Service Providers by following our instructions presented on the Service:
- From Our "Cookie Consent" notice banner
- Or from Our "CCPA Opt-out" notice banner
- Or from Our "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" notice banner
- Or from Our "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" link
Your mobile device may give you the ability to opt out of the use of information about the apps you use in order to serve you ads that are targeted to your interests:
- "Opt out of Interest-Based Ads" or "Opt out of Ads Personalization" on Android devices
- "Limit Ad Tracking" on iOS devices
You can also stop the collection of location information from Your mobile device by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
Do Not Track" Policy as Required by California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
However, some third-party websites do keep track of your browsing activities. If you are visiting such websites, you can set your preferences in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser.
Children’s Privacy Statement
This children's privacy statement explains our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of thirteen, and provides important information regarding their rights under federal law with respect to such information.
- This Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site. We screen users who wish to provide personal information in order to prevent users under the age of thirteen from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
- We do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we do NOT condition the participation of a child under thirteen in the Site’s online activities on providing personally identifiable information.
Your California Privacy Rights (California's Shine the Light Law)
Under California Civil Code Section 1798 (California's Shine the Light Law), California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information once a year about sharing their Personal Data with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes.
If you'd like to request more information under the California Shine the Light Law, and if you are a California resident, you can contact us using the contact information provided below.
California Privacy Rights for Minor Users (California Business and Professions Code Section 22581)
California Business and Professions Code section 22581 allow California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted.
To request removal of such data, and if you are a California resident, you can contact us using the contact information provided below and include the email address associated with your account.
Be aware that your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.